Quaternary Journal of Iran (ISSN 2423-7108) is an journal that covers all aspects of Quaternary Science, embracing the whole range of scientific fields related to Palaeo-Environmental Research and Earth Surface Processes. It publishes reviews, research articles, communications and technical notes. There is no restriction on the length of the papers and we encourage scientists to publish their results in as much detail as possible.
Multidisciplinary research on Earth & Biological Sciences to promote the understanding and reconstruction of environmental changes and processes during the last 2.6 million years.
- Palaeoceanography, Palaeohydrology.
- Palaeontology, Palaeobotany, Palaeopedology.
- Geoarcheology, Zooarchaeology, Biological Anthropology, Palaeolithic Archaeology.
- Environmental reconstruction proxies: Geochemistry, Palynology, Ice coring, Varves, Dendrochronology, Tephrocronology, Lichenometry, Speleothemes, Coral Reefs...
- Geochronology (dating methods): 14C, Luminiscence, Cosmogenic Nuclides, Paleomagnetic…
- Palaeo‐environmental research with global implications. Climatic changes and climate change. Evaluation of potential future climate variability (climate modeling). Human‐induced changes and implications (Anthropocene).
- Earth surface processes and responses to Holocene, Pleistocene, or Quaternary environmental change. Natural Hazards.
- Applied Quaternary Research.
Relevant disciplines (but not limited to):
- Quaternary Geology, Physical Geography.
- Earth Surface Processes and Geomorphology.
- Oceanography, Limnology, Glaciology.
- Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, Soil Science.
- Geophysics, Neotectonics, Volcanology.
- Biology, Botany, Zoology, Palaeontology.
- Archaeology, History, Anthropology.